Thursday, February 16, 2012

Is Meta

To quote xkcd: "I'm so meta, even this acronym."


Since talking about what we are doing this week is one of the premissible topics, I shall talk about this. The following sentence is like this one, in that it's a statement, followed by a period. Forced conversation isn't exactly anything remotely close to resembling actual conversation. I'm going to go ahead and drag out a definition of conversation: informal interchange of thoughts, information, etc., by spoken words; oral communication between persons; talk; colloquy. Key word being informal, but alas, we are here to learn how to formally blog, that is, to formally informally exchange thoughts and information. I'm just going to stop that train of thought there before I start resorting to explicatives unfitting for a ... school mandated ... contradiction. In case it wasn't obvious, I don't speak in a fasion remotely resembling how I am now typing unless I am either in a situation resembling this one, or being "majorly" ironic/sarcastic for the purposes of humor.


Given that the most obvious dead horse has been spared the stick, as I would not ever say in anything moderately close to even being almost capable of being described as the state of being vernacular. I find myself incapable to finding topics to formally converse about, since the whole thing is rather ... damaging ... to my carefully cultivated mentality. So yeah, brain shut down time. (Though do bear in mind that what follows is also not how I would speak normally.)


So, yeah, 1984, slaps down them contradictions and not afraids of anything.


Post Script, the end.

4 comments:

  1. In order to make the quota, and to have a "easy" to access list that is not at all intended to strain the printer's capacities which will eventually have to print this out, a list of stuff:



































    Note: the list is blackened/whitened (depending on the background) for security reasons

    K. Lin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear K.Lin
    The quote by Hofstradter, is so
    mind boggling. I understand that he is saying "Is Meta" meaning self referential but what mind thinks within itself in such caliber?
    It would be interesting to see you speak like this in person.


    " In the end, we are self-perceiving, self-inventing, locked-in mirages that are little miracles of self-reference."
    — Douglas Hofstadter, I Am a Strange Loop p.363

    Now that you have gotten me thinking about the ...well, my self, I will make a statement followed by a period.

    My weekend is great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, all I can say to this is to try and put up with it, K. Lin. I can get a small glimpse of where you're coming from and going at; but, still, I implore you to put up with this "school mandated... contradiction" because once this is over-- and by "this" I mean high school as a whole -- you'll FINALLY be your own self.

    Independence is one that is always fought for.

    D. Lim

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am already my own self. My desire not to do "school mandated" "contradictions" does not move me more than some of my other goals which are more easily fufilled by say, not flunking out of school for not doing any work. If it had moved me more than my other goals, these posts would obviously, and logically, not exist. I am capable of holding contradictory desires without overloading or something apparently other people thinks happen to other people or something? For example, just because I might wish to say, eliminate certain members of the human species doesn't mean that desire moves me more than say, the desire not to go to jail.

    K. Lin

    ReplyDelete